Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Power of Feedback


Hi guys,,, Today, my friends and I have a very interesting discussion in our English Club. One of my friends offered a new activity in our community to practice our productive skills. This new agreement comes to a role in which all the participants need to deliver their ideas about anything that they concern as an important issue and write it down in a page where many people can read it.

Deal with that brilliant idea I was in my will to give my argument and practice together with them. Motivated by that concept of learning, I was trying to expose something in significantly relative with the technique. I found that by posting any written opinion in an accessible media, it could encourage many people to provide some feedbacks. Therefore, for those who posted the articles in the internet could improve their writing.

Feedback is an activity which represents people's response and correction toward others' ideas. It is purposively meant to give an improvement for those who are being corrected.

In the educational field, feedback is extremely important to be implemented. When teachers deliver some materials to the students, they will make sure that their students understand the lesson by recording their score. While on the other hand, the students will improve themselves when they got feedbacks from the teachers. 

However, in reality teachers in school nowadays very rarely give correction to their students' work. The teachers are only transferring the knowledge and giving score without any concern about the accuracy of students' answer. Consequently, there is no doubt that so many students are cheating on the tasks.

I was one of the victims of that improper way of school's teaching process. Almost in every year studied I wondered about from where my score came from. I've got A, B, C and even D in my study, but I couldn't surely agree with that result. Sometimes when I compared my ability to my friends’, it totally had no match with the score that we’ve got. Again, I was questioning all the time about how I could possibly get that score. Until one day in about sophomore year, I met a lecturer who gave me the feedbacks and transparently showed me how my score was counted. At that time, although, I got C for the subject, I was very satisfied on it. The lecturer not only gave me feedback, but she also encouraged me to correct others' mistakes. As a result I've capable enough to respond my friends’ mistakes. Since that occasion I just realized, when we received a feedback, it will help us to expand our ability, and when we try to give feedback, with the responsibility we aware of our own mistakes.

The feedback is not only essential to the school matter, but it also useful for the social life. In a family, for instance, when parents reminded their children, and supported them with the feedback, I believe that they have taught their children to be aware of any mistake in their life so that they would be able to encourage themselves to be better.

So guys…. With that experience I strongly recommended to never afraid of giving feedback. Furthermore, we need to wisely receive any feedback that we’ve got. Because, even though sometimes it’s hard, but by the time we will be stronger and know how to fix our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mengapa Takut?

Beberapa minggu yang lalu, saya dan teman-teman diberikan kesempatan dan tanggung jawab untuk tampil dan mengutarakan beberapa hasil peneli...